If you have any questions or concerns please call the Community Health Line at
Flu Shots Wednesday, Sept 28th
A flu vaccine can prevent you from getting sick and protect the people around you. The CDC recommends annual flu vaccines for everyone 6 months and older.
An influenza vaccination clinic for school-age children will be held at the Deuel School District on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th, 2022.
Flu packets were delivered to the school and were sent home with each preschool to 8th grade student. Students in High School can pick up a packet at the High School Office. The form can also be downloaded from the link on the Nurses Corner Page. Staff will receive their form right before being vaccinated and they should bring their insurance card that day.
Flu vaccine coverage:
• If your child is covered by health insurance or Medicaid, the vaccination will be submitted to your insurance company. Most insurance plans cover immunizations, however if you are uncertain, please call your plan for benefits and assure Sanford Clear Lake Medical Center is in-network.
• If your child is not covered by insurance, the vaccine will be covered through a federal vaccine program, but you will be charged an administration fee.
If you would like your child to receive the vaccine during school, follow the 3 steps below:
1. Complete and sign the “Influenza Injection Vaccine Minor Consent Form” after reviewing the Influenza “Vaccine Information Statement”.
2. Review and sign the “Statement of Financial Responsibility and Release of Information” form.
3. If your child has private insurance or Medicaid, ATTACH A COPY OF THE CHILD’S INSURANCE CARD (front and back). If you do not have access to a copier, another option is to email a picture of your insurance card to: ClearLakeCH@SanfordHealth.org
Please be aware that email servers are not always secure and there may be privacy risks related to sending your personal information through email.
Please return the 2 completed forms and a copy of your insurance card to the school by Tuesday, September 27th.
If you would rather be present with your child, vaccinations are available at Sanford Clear Lake Medical Center by calling (605) 874-2555 for an appointment.
Vaccines will be entered into the South Dakota Immunization Information System (SDIIS), which is an automated system to record vaccination records. SDIIS gives you access to your child’s immunization record from any participating South Dakota heath care provider. If you choose not to share your child’s record, please contact me prior to the clinic. Lastly, if you’d like to review the Notice of Privacy Practices from Sanford Health, please refer to: https://www.sanfordhealth.org/privacy-of-health.
Thank you for your efforts to keep your child healthy. Please contact Tammy Baer, RN at (605) 874-2555 with any questions.